|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Paddington 2 is a British-French family-comedy film directed by Paul King, co-written by him and Simon Farnaby, and produced by David Heyman. It is the sequel to Paddington (2014). The film stars Hugh Grant, Brendan Gleeson, Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Julie Walters, Jim Broadbent, Peter Capaldi, Madeleine Harris, Samuel Joslin, and the voices of Ben Whishaw and Imelda Staunton. Production began in October 2016, and the film was released on 10 November 2017. In this film, Paddington’s attempts to buy a birthday present for Aunt Lucy go catastrophically wrong when he is wrongly accused of stealing a valuable pop-up book from Mr. Gruber’s shop. Like the previous film, ‘Paddington 2’ has a largely original plot line, while incorporating elements from pre-existing stories. In this case, the stories in question are Too Much off the Top and Trouble at the Launderette. 
- Ben Whishaw as the voice of Paddington
- Hugh Grant as Phoenix Buchanan, a faded and narcissistic actor
- Brendan Gleeson as Knuckles McGinty, a safecracker
- Hugh Bonneville as Henry Brown
- Sally Hawkins as Mary Brown
- Julie Walters as Mrs. Bird
- Jim Broadbent as Samuel Gruber
- Peter Capaldi as Mr. Curry
- Madeleine Harris as Judy Brown
- Samuel Joslin as Jonathan Brown
- Imelda Staunton as the voice of Lucy, Paddington's aunt
Critical reception Edit
On Rotten Tomatoes, Paddington 2 has a critical score of 100% based on 181 critic reviews. The film's average rating is 8.7/10. It is the highest rated film of all time on Rotten Tomatoes.
Caillou Pettis of Daily Film Fix praised the film, saying the film "has a surprising charm with a deeply touching emotional story at its core, and it is one of my favorite family films in recent years."
Sequel, Paddington 3 Edit
In June 2016, StudioCanal CEO Didier Lupfer stated that the studio was committed to making a third Paddington film. More info can be found here.